Sunday, March 16, 2014

Self-Publishing

I'm about to self-publish my first novel.

It's exciting and scary but it's the culmination of years of work.

The one thing that worries me is if I get any negative reviews, how am I going to react? The main female protagonist isn't exactly endearing. She has one goal and doesn't care who gets in her way.

So I get that it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Still, I hope any negative feedback is constructive.

I was reading something Anne Rice said a while ago. Not sure how recently, but anyway, she was complaining about trolls. Unfortunately, this is something we can't stop.

I sort of liked Interview with the Vampire but I haven't read any of her other stuff. As much as I love watching Supernatural and Buffy, I'm not a huge fan of the supernatural, or the vampire genre in particular so I can't exactly say I'm a fan of hers. Still, I agree that something should be done about internet trolls.

I will try to ignore any obvious trolling and send them on to the appropriate person to deal with, but yeah, that's the only thing that worries me really.


No comments: